|Image courtesy of Ready.gov|
The campaign is encouraging the American public to have a plan for staying safe and communicating during disasters such as floods and wildfires. Each week this month is dedicated to a specific hazard, with the last week culminating in America’s PrepareAthon!, a grassroots campaign encouraging communities to increase preparedness and resilience.
The full schedule is as follows:
- Week 1 (September 1-5): Flood
- Week 2 (September 6-12): Wildfire
- Week 3 (September 13-19): Hurricane
- Week 4 (September 20-26): Power Outage
- Week 5 (September 27-30): Lead up to National PrepareAthon! Day (September 30)
Will you participate in NPM? To get started, check out our planning checklists on the Resources page of our website.