- Do not wait until it is freezing out to rev up your heater. Many companies discover that their heater is out of commission after the cold weather has already arrived.
- Check your filter before starting your heater. Clean filters help your heater operate at its peak efficiency.
- Once turned on, does your heater:
- Emit a burning smell?
- Sound like it is struggling?
- Vibrate at the ducts and walls?
- Show a carbon monoxide reading above 30?
- If your heater is 15 years or older, consider replacing it. An old system, even in good condition, may use only 60 percent of its available heat to warm the building.
- Have your system professionally inspected and tuned up annually. A properly maintained heater works more efficiently and reduces your energy usage.
Turning on Your Heater in the Winter
Posted by RentsysRecovery