Take note of these tips from Nationwide to prevent pipes from freezing and bursting:
- Turn on the tap to relieve water pressure.
- Leave the heat on overnight.
- Open cabinets under the sinks to keep warm air circulating to the pipes.
- Seal cracks to keep cold air from leaking inside.
- Wrap the pipes with insulation sleeves if they aren’t in areas that can receive warm air.
- Drain the pipes by shutting off the main water valve and turning on both taps until they are empty.
Cold weather does not have to mean disaster for your business. Taking preventative measures to keep your pipes from freezing can help you keep your business above water.