Hurricane season begins June 1, which means it's time to prepare your business to survive the strong winds and floodwaters that accompany these powerful storms.
Here are some hurricane preparedness tips to help you get started:
- Keep vehicle gas tanks above half full.
- Trim tree limbs around your business.
- Clean out gutters.
- Store critical data off-site.
- Implement a disaster recovery plan.
- Consider a mobile recovery option.
- Have emergency cash on hand.
- Prepare a first aid kit.
- Replace batteries in your portable radio.
- Test evacuation and recovery plans.
If you found these tips helpful, check out our list of common mistakes disaster recovery committees make when identifying risks to their businesses.